Friday 30 March 2012

getting control

it's time to open up your eyes to the life that you've always wanted..


Five weeks later and its incredible the realisations you come to when you're achieving something for yourself, proving a point to yourself and being stronger than you ever thought you could be. For me this has been about taking control of my health and my shape..but this applies to everyone.


I have spent a long, long time obsessing over the size that I was..it isn't until i look back now though and realise that all that stress, worry and anxiety about what I looked like, was for no reason at all. I had no reason to be unhappy about this! I look back now on old photos and even photos of just a year ago and I don't see what i was so stressed about. Don't get me wrong i know i'm no 6ft tall supermodel, but i was still someone who was fit and healthy...what was the problem then?
I WAS SO INCREDIBLY OUT OF CONTROL
I felt these emotions because i was out of control of my emotions, I felt overweight because i had no control over what i was eating, i felt unhappy because I always thought i was failing..when really i was just out of control.
I am now at a place where I am so happy, I feel like there are a million less worries in my life! I'm not stressed about my days or my future. I'm not anxious about assignments or relationships and im not OBSESSING about what i look like!


INSIDE MY EMOTIONAL SUCCESS
1. I realised where my problems were and why i was unhappy
I didn't have structure in my diet and i wasn't knowledge about what i was eating. This left me feeling like i was eating a lot worse than i was and sometimes I felt i was eating a lot better than i was..(no wonder i was confused!)
2. I took a few baby steps to start gaining some control
The first thing i did was make a food diary. Recording everything I ate made me more aware of my bad and good eating habits and when in the say i needed to be more careful
3. I took action where i was falling
I realised my bad 'snacking' was happening between lunch and dinner so i replaced the snacks with more fruit and made conscious decissions of what i ate at those 'hard times'


I STILL DO THIS EVERY WEEK!
Once i was improving on my first issue i worked on another one!
- drink more water
- exercise 4-5 times weekly
- smaller portions
- RECORD RESULTS


I wish i could explain to you the feeling that comes with feeling IN CONTROL of your body. If you have a lack of control in your life (in any area) it takes a toll on your entire life. Examine what's making you stressed, anxious or unhappy and take baby steps to fix it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment